I speak regularly on product, leadership, and career. If I'd be a good fit your event, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I care deeply about speaking at events that include underrepresented groups in technology as both speakers and attendees. To know first about new talks, follow me on Twitter:
- Continued Learning In Product Management: Lots of content exists for "how to get into Product Management." A lot less exists for "How do I get better at Product Management?" This talk walks through how to assess where you are as a PM, what to learn next, and how to learn it. (And yes, it answers the two most popular questions: "do I need an engineering degree?" and "do I need an MBA?")
- Beyond Metrics: Making Product decisions is a lot more than metrics. This talk walks through four ways to make product decisions: quantiative, qualitative, vision, and team input.
- Something Else: We can also discuss a custom talk for your group. For inspriation, some other talks I've given in the past are listed below. If you'rd like a video sample of my speaking, please email me directly. I also shared my prep process it with the 50/50 pledge.
- "Ellen was exactly what we were looking for in a speaker when we invited her to speak at Industry 2015. Her talk was instantly an audience-favorite, and she was a pleasure to work with and get to know. We were quite lucky to feature Ellen as a part of our lineup!"
- "Ellen was a perfect fit for our Boston Women in Product panel. She joined women in various stages of their career and provided the audience with product career advice. She connected with our community instantly, sharing insights from her experience and elevating the discussions with a fresh perspective. Ellen was so easy to work with and we hope we have her join again soon!”
- I'm currently available for events and talks in 2017: Book Now
Selected Past Talks